I just migrated from server instances of Jira (v8.5.1) & Confluence (v7.0.4) into a single cloud account for both Jira and Confluence. The Confluence migration worked beautifully with all pages showing which users have edited that page, etc.
All the Jira content appears to have migrated fine, but all issues now show "Former user" for Assignee and Reporter, even though those users *appear* to be in the new cloud system.
I can see that the system knows that not all Former users are the same because if I hover over "Former user" and choose "Assigned Issues" for what I know are two different users in the old system, I'm sent to a search forms with different 24-character hex "assignee" ids.
So, I can't help but wonder, did running the Confluence migration first cause the Jira migration to not be able to map the Jira users correctly?
More importantly, how can I fix this?
Thanks!