I'm on the cloud version of JIRA. Currently the jira-administrator group is part of the default access group. I would like to remove it so when I create a new user they don't automatically become an admin.
Hi Patrick,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
To edit the default groups for each product, please go to Administration > Product access.
On this page, click on … for the desired group and click on Make this group default:
Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Regards,Angélica
Thank you for the response Angelica however the suggestion did not work. The option 'Don't make this group default' is gray out. Please see the attached screen:
Thank you for the details.
I was testing here and there are different behaviors when using Firefox and Chrome.
The correct behavior is that administration groups can’t be added as a default access group, so I couldn’t replicate the issue on my local site.
Can you please let us know if this site is a migration from other Cloud or Server site?
Something that you can try, I’m not sure if it will work because I couldn’t test, but go to the Product access page and on the Administration access tab, remove the jira-administrators group from Jira Administration.
Then, go back to the Product access tab and try to remove the group. After that, add the group back on the Administration access tab.
Angelica we are on Cloud migrated from server several years ago.
I was able to remove jira-administrators group for JIRA Administration but the option to remove on the Product Access tab was still grayed out.
Also when i try to add jira-administrators back to the group I get the following error:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.