I do not see any way to move a row or a column in a table when using the New Editing Experience pages. Does anyone know how to do this? (I am using Confluence Cloud)
Thank you!
Joseph
Hello Joseph,
Thank you for contacting us about this! It's not currently possible to reorder a row or column in tables in the new editor. We have a feature request for this below:
Please vote on this request and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this in the future.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Regards,
Shannon
Thank you Shannon. I voted on that item. So to be clear. There is currently no way to move a row or a column of a table within Confluence? As a work around I am currently copying into Excel and then pasting back when I have it reordered.
Hi Joseph,
To confirm, there is not a way to move a row or column of a table within Confluence. Thank you for your vote, and I hope we can see this soon!
Hi Shannon,
Is it possible to cut/paste a table column or row? If not, I'm really just wondering why your developers would remove such an essential feature? It's making the user experience significantly less user-friendly for me... Sorry, just a bit of a frustrated rant about improvements that actually make things worse :-(
Is this feature even being worked on? Hard to believe it isn't available yet. Workflow is really slowing down without being able to slide around rows and columns. Please add feature ASAP.
They have had 3 years, and didnt include it in the product redesign.. you know they aren't adding it :-) We may as well all go back to Google Docs :-)
I don't understand how a basic feature is not prioritized. It will be great to have some updates there
I just cut and paste rows. Create an empty row where you want it to go, select the row you want to move, right click-cut, place your cursor in the first cell of your new row, right click-paste.
Everyone knows that drag and drop takes 2 years to develop...
Is there an update on this? It doesn't appear this issue has been resolved.
Thanks Steven, that worked for me!
Any update on this
Almost 3 years now!
Almost 3 years now...
Is this a joke?3 years to do a row move in a table, and it's still not there.
Not a joke, there is a condition:
if (votesCount >= 1000) MoveToSprint(GetNextSprint());
843 votes as of today, come on Team lets get this over the line!
Sadly, the logic was updated by inflation😟
if (votesCount >= 1000 + GetInflation()) MoveToSprint(GetNextSprint());
The BA adds inflation everywhere 😡.
I'd love to see this feature but I found a substitute for now:
Love to see this fixed too and I upvoted the issue.
Another workaround:
Another alternative for moving rows is the source editor of Confluence.
I have 4 columns in a table. If I try to copy an entire row to a new one, it just splits the first 2 columns into two and pastes the content into them, leaving 2 empty cells to the right.
The best way so far, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.