I thought this was going to be simple, but it has proved surprisingly difficult.
What I want to achieve is to retrieve Jira Stories from the REST API using either jquery or C# (Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4).
The back-story is that we have a wall board (VDU displaying a web site) that is meant to show how well we're processing the Jira stories through the QA Department. To start with, I'll settle for extracting a "number of stories in that are in the QA column in the Kanban board for the current sprint". I'm can write the JQL query for this, but after several hours of trying, I've had no success getting data out of the Jira REST.
The seriously frustrating part is that if I go to the following URL in Chrome I get a screen-full of JSON that looks like exactly what I want (obviously, these are not my actual credentials, and yes, I had previously logged into Jira, so there is probably an authentication cookie set somewhere).
Does anybody have any suggestions? Much appreciated at this stage...
https://metricell.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/search?username=email.address@company.com&password=myFakePassword&jql=issuetype=bug