I'm evaluating Jira as a bug tracking tool for my software company. I just created a trial account 15 minutes ago. I'm browsing Jira now and I don't understand how to use it. I can't figure out how to do many of the basic things you need to do when bug tracking.
To start with, I uploaded about 75 issues as a test. Now I can't figure out how to get Jira to show me a decent list of those issues. If I click on "All issues" I see the issues crammed into a narrow column, split over multiple pages. I can't group them (e.g. by release). I can't copy-and paste them. I can't create a table that shows me, for instance, the summary, assignee, and due date. These are all basic things that I would expect to be able to do. Is there a Jira reporting module hidden somewhere that I haven't discovered yet?
Also, I can't figure out how to do the most basic of bulk operations. Suppose I want to reassign all of Jane's tasks to Bob. I can see how I would search for all of Jane's tasks, but how do I apply a bulk operation, like changing the assignee, to a set of issues?
I'm sure Jira is a fine tool, but either I misunderstand its purpose, or I'm just not clicking with its user interface. I figured I would post here and see what replies I get before I move on and look at the next bug tracking tool in my evaluation list.