How do you handle the situation when you are adding a new JIRA project to an existing Confluence space, and want to use the same key in both?
We have been using Confluence and now want to start using Jira, and retain the same key between them. The key in confluence is "MAG".
When I go to create a JIRA project with the key "MAG" I get this error that prevents me from proceeding:
Confluence space with that key already exists in the remote instance
It looks like when you create a JIRA project it can create a new Confluence space, providing the key does not already exist. So I thought perhaps I could change the Confluence key and them move all the pages to a new Confluence space, but it doesn't look like you can change the key there either.
So now I'm stuck. I could use a different key but I am not sure what the effect will be, and whether I can link the two together.