I get "broken image" when I insert an image from the clipboard and then save the page, using the new firefox 22. In firefox 21 I did not see this problem.
It appears that you are hitting this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29799. The workaround is to save the copied image to a file first using any image editor and attach the image from a file instead from the clipboard.
I wonder why is this bug marked as resolved/fixed? I'm trialing Confluence 5.3 using FF 23 and I'm running into the same issue with pasting images. I get broken images in Preview as well as after I save. I have better luck with Chrome 29, but not 100% of the time.
At any rate, the recommended workaround should be sufficient. I'm very disappointed that paste doesn't work though - it's an incredible A+ feature when it works.
The bug is fixed in Confluence 5.2.4 and 5.3 (you can see this from the fix version field). However these Confluence versions are not released yet. Confluence 5.2.4 is scheduled to be released towards the end of this September.
Hmm, way down in the comments for the bug report it looks like the fix has been done but just hasn't been released yet. Looks like release is slated for next week?
Thanks for the update
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.