This used to work just fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I just get the following error after signing in to Harvest via the popup that appears when clicking the signin button: "Please make sure that third-party cookies are permitted or that harvestapp.com and platform.harvestapp.com appear in your whitelist."
Hey all! I found the issue!
Chrome version 79 (beta channel) is testing a new Cookie format. You can override it by going to chrome://flags in the browser and disabling the SameSite by default cookies option.
It seems that with new versions of Chrome, websites need to specify a SameSite attribute for how to handle cookies. It actually needs to specify SameSite=None in order to enable third-party usage.
It seems that something major is coming in the next version of Chrome OS though:https://www.chromium.org/updates/same-site
Same here
Happening here as well, anyone figure out how to make it work?
Cheers!
Nope š
šnice one!!
Nice! thanks for this š
I'm having the same issue in the Trello desktop app for macOS ā has anyone figure out a work-around there?
Same issue on Safari, any suggestions? Thanks!
Unticking the 'Prevent cross-site tracking' option under Preferences > Privacy in SafariĀ (MacOS) seems to resolve the issue.
The same fix works in Opera GX. Adding in case someone would add keyword Opera in the search why something is not working.
UsingĀ Google Chrome 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (x86_64) on OSX, I still have this problem.
I've set my SAME SITE COOKIES settings to DISABLED underĀ chrome://flags/Ā
`Enable removing SameSite=None cookies` set to DISABLED
and
`Schemeful Same-Site` set to DISABLED
Ā
But I see the same error.
Help!
Thanks.
here's the config that worked for me on firefox (developer edition) v96.0b9:
Privacy & Security set to "standard" with no exceptions and this:
* the unchecking of the "SameSite=Lax" is the thing that did it for me
Yay -- that fixed it!!!
The Harvest integration stopped working for me in Firefox Developer Edition, and I spent ages fiddling with security, cookie, and even container settings to no avail. I knew they'd changed *something*, but I couldn't figure out what it was :P
I had to visit about:config and search for samesite, since I don't have the experiments tab, but you clued me in to what to search for! Thanks!!!
Now if someone would post the answer for Opera (Gaming), because the flags are named differently there. Though, I did try to enable everything what has cookie word in description, but that didn't solve the issue.
Thank you both very much, I've been pulling my hair about this for a while. Suspected pretty early that a browser update must have been the culprit since I hadn't changed anything else and other browsers worked fine, but I wouldn't have been able to find the SameSite=Lax setting if not for both of your posts. (Like @megclaypool I do not have the Experiments menu item in my Firefox Developer Edition and had to look for it in about:config.)Cheers!
it stopped working again. now with no errors in the UI at all... running Firefox developer edition 109.0b4 (64-bit), however tried logging in with chrome and safariĀ - no luck either. adding a log from FF every thing after the login button click.
For Firefox 109 I was able to get the plugin working again by disabling enhanced tracking protection (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/introducing-total-cookie-protection-standard-mode#w_what-do-i-do-if-a-site-seems-broken) on github.com and the harvestapp site.
I did the same, but on harvest and asana Thanks for the updated tip
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.