My company is moving from blue JIRA to cloud JIRA, and I am needing to recreate my project in JIRA. I am not a System Admin, so I cannot do a backup and restore.
In blue JIRA, let's say my project is "AA." In cloud JIRA, my company has created a new project which I should use; let's say my new project is "BB." I need to export all issues from "AA" and import them to "BB."
I have already tried the features to export from a filter to Excel (All fields) and import from CSV and have been able to successfully migrate everything, except for:
1) Losing the hierarchy of issues (linked to, related by, parent of, etc.) because I can't map the "Keys" from the old "AA" project in blue JIRA to the new "BB" project in cloud JIRA
2) Losing comments - in the Excel export, comments are not included, so I have no way of importing them (comments are a critical part of my team's workflow, so this is a problem)
3) Losing sub-tasks - also because of losing the hierarchy (I manually added sub-tasks to issues after import, which works, but only for a small number of records)
I've taken a look at this Q&A below, and it has helped provide context, except that I still don't know how to add comments not as an admin, after importing issues, and in importing to a different Key. Is it possible?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Export-Import-Comments-in-JIRA/qaq-p/144018
Thanks for any help you can provide!