Hello,
We recently started receiving duplicate tickets when our customers submit tickets via email to our helpdesk email. The tickets duplicate the subject however they have a different ticket # assigned to them. What can be causing this we need it fixed as soon as possible? Anyone know what the issue is?
Thanks
one often culprit is that the reporter Cc various people and when someone on the Cc list responds to the original email then it will indeed create a new ticket. Comments are not added to an existing ticket based upon the same subject in the email, rather commenting is done when the incoming email subject includes the issuekey number, e.g. ABC-123.
I have also seen where email addons (mis-configured?) can cause this.
Hi,
Thank you for your response
We are receiving duplicates on tickets that do not have anyone on cc. Ex: I go to my outlook email and I send a ticket to our helpdesk@xxx.org no one cc'ed and I jump over to Jira portal to check my IT project and see the unassigned ticket and there are two tickets with different numbers but the same subject(same ticket)
What do you mean by email addons?
Thank you
that is certainly interesting. Does this happen with every email sent to that address? Here are my thoughts....
on Jira it creates two keys IT-1427 an IT-1248
OK thank you I will check the mailbox
What do you mean a JSW email handler. I thihnk there is only one email handler.
I will check and provide the answers shortly.
Here is the logs
I don't understand why this is happening here are the incoming email handler
That makes no sense given the large separation between the numbers. Have you scrutinized these two issues closely? Is the create date and time the same? I am wondering if you have some email handler addon that is causing this. I would reach out to Atlassian support.
The issues have different Key #s however the summary is the same which tells me it is duplicating the issue. I will try to reach out to support. They arent normally repsonse. Have you had good luck reaching out?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.