I just saw this security advisory:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-service-desk-security-advisory-2019-11-06-979412717.html?utm_source=alert-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Jira%20Service%20Desk%20Server%20and%20Data%20Center-advisory_november-2019_EML-5814&jobid=104383358&subid=1226013961
Im trying to find out a way to just upgrade a newer version of service desk.
We are currently running a JIRA standalone version.
All I'm seeing online are docs related to upgrading the JIRA, not service desk... the closest thing I've found are the steps to upgrade service the desk via the UI after upgrading JIRA.
But since I just recently upgraded JIRA, I want to know how to just upgrade service desk.
Thanks
Hi,
you can use OBR file downloaded from Marketplace (see link below). In <URL>/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses click on "Upload an application".
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213632/jira-service-desk/version-history
Thanks Petr!
That is what I was looking for.
After going to the link it did raise another question I hope you can answer.
I am planning to download Service Desk version 3.16.11, is that version only compatible with jira software version7.13.11+ or would I be able to install it while running JIRA software 7.13.8?
Or is best practice to just upgrade both so they are at matching levels?
Thanks again.
Yes, best practise is to upgrade both. But if you have test environment you can try to upgrade only Service Desk via OBR file and check if everything is ok. Since you are using Jira 7.13.X then I expect compatibility with SD 3.16.X
From my practise - first upgrade Jira SW/Core and then by Update button Service Desk.
ok thanks for the information.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.