Hi all
Has anyone ever been asked if it is possible to not send notifications when a ticket is set to closed? (the actual question I received: Is there a way to automatically remove an issue from the "watch" list whenever it is being closed?)
Hi Melissa,
If by "Closed" you mean when an issue has it's resolution set, then you can disable all notifications for 'Issue resolved' event in your notification scheme.
As far as watchers are concerned, a post function can be configured to remove all watchers from the current issue when it's moved to the 'Closed' status. However I would advise against it as people will not receive any notifications if the issue is re-opened.
Great. Thanks I will look for that in our notification schemes.
I was incorrect that is not what the user was looking for.
Apparently there is a filter 'watched issues' that when the ticket is resolved he wants the ticket to be automatically removed from the filter. (so that he does not have to do a search of tickets to see if any of them have been resolved - and then manually remove it (them) from the filter.
I see. If this is the case then all you need to do is update JQL behind that filter to exclude all closed issues.
How to stop recall tickets
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.