Hi guys,
by searching for hiding custom field based on a project role, I noticed that the Security Level field is somehow hiding, when I am logging in as a customer role. How is it possible, even though Jira shared on following link that hiding a field is illegal.
Ultimately, however, we have decided that we will not be implementing Field Level Security in JIRA.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-1330
What I did before:
1-I've created three issue security levels which are
Classified Only admin
Confidential Admin and Product Owner
Private Admin, Product Owner and Developer
2-I've created my own Permission Scheme, which lets customer browse project, create/edit issue
Explanation one more time:
as an admin I could see Securtiy Level field which I added on edit screen before
as a customer I could not see.
How could I do this for my the other custom fields?
Is there anyone who help me, firstly clarify this situation and then catch my goal?
By the way my Jira instance that is 8.4.0 version don't support
"Security Fields and Attachments" plug in
or
Field Security Plugin for Jira
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Ahmet