The company I work for is now implementing Jira/Jira Service Desk/ and Confluence.
We have unfortunately hired a consultant that has guided admin to have a project be a team, an epic to be a project, and a task represents an epic... thus every task must be a subtask.
I have warned everyone that will listen to me that this is completely handcuffing the sqa and developers and making a Jira almost unusable.
Things are not being used as designed, so when it comes down to the reports, there is all but a few that will not show correctly and, in effect, be unusable too.
I've used Jira at my previous employer, but I've never heard of anything so asinine.
I believe the reasoning behind why he is guiding it this way is he claims that as a company you want to limit the number of projects to 15 or less or everything gets slow.
Is this really the case?
I would think each team could be a project category so that filter could hide unwanted viewing of projects by other teams and would most likely speed load times.
I am at my wits end trying to warn the pitfalls coming up if we go down this road.