Within a given permission scheme, I have two groups of users who collectively work within a project/permission scheme. These groups use different dashboards to slice and dice their workload, and I would like to remove the noise of the other team's dashboards (and filters) so that users can only access dashboards pertinent to their work.
In other words, when a user who is part of a set of users within a project goes to her available dashboards, I would like that user to only see dashboards for which the administrator has designed for that user's role's consumption. And I would like to avoid project based roles because that would mean with each new employee we would have to attach them to a specific project and role...the user may touch many, many projects.
This seems like an easy scenario, but I cannot figure out how to nest groups in Jira without breaking the LDAP (we need our AD in place).