I am using the "system JIRA import wizard" to update existing issues. My import CSV has 3 fields - key, summary, created.
In the Setup step I am selecting the project (rather than "Defined in CSV").
In the Setup step I am defining the date format to be dd/MM/yy HH:mm
If the Fields step I see the message "You have selected Issue Key mapping. Please note that importer will update existing issues matching the Issue Key from the CSV file."
(this is what I want!)
In the Fields step I map summary>Summary, created>Date Created, key>Issue Key
I then check each of the "Map Field Value" checkboxes
In the Values step everything matches up, so I just click <Begin Import>
The import completes with the message "1 projects and 0 issues imported successfully!"
When I look in the log I see:
2019-11-01 20:12:18,181 INFO - ------------------------------
2019-11-01 20:12:18,182 INFO - Importing: Issues
2019-11-01 20:12:18,182 INFO - ------------------------------
2019-11-01 20:12:18,182 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2019-11-01 20:12:18,195 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid-1950990744408516289', summary='60002 - CERTIFICATE - Certificate of Automobile Insurance - Newfoundland and Labrador - English Only']
2019-11-01 20:12:18,233 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid-8833976040596730003', summary='60005 - CERTIFICATE - Certificate of Automobile Insurance - Prince Edward Island- English Only']
2019-11-01 20:12:18,255 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid--8219133826194254816', summary='60007 - CERTIFICATE - Certificate of Automobile Insurance - British Columbia - English only']
2019-11-01 20:12:18,287 INFO - 0 out of 3 issues successfully created
Why does it indicate "only new items will be imported" when in the prior step it said "importer will update existing issues matching the Issue Key"?
My Issue Keys perfectly match existing Issues - why did it not update them?