How do I see which version of Jira I'm using?
you cannot tell in Cloud
Hi @Shaun Morgan ,
You are on cloud and it will be on latest version of snapshot. Atlassian will update the new snapshots frequently.
You can see below link for weekly news on cloud roll out changes and you can watch this page for weekly updates on cloud changes.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog
Thanks,
Avinash
Thanks I thought so just wanted to check its as per attached right
but you may not always be on the "latest" since rollout is controlled. often times individuals may be on previous versions. IMO, this is something that needs to be address, i.e. the ability to determine the version and click to see the appropriate RNs
If you are using a server version, just scroll to the bottom of any dashboard page and you will see the version at the bottom of the screen.
As mentioned above, for cloud version you always have the latest.
Thanks yes I have the cloud version
If nothing else, just an indicator of how far behind you are and ideally, a date of next update.
doesn't help if you need to know if this latest version is compatible with one of the market place plugins !!!!
is there a compatibility matrix somewhere for Marketplace app for Cloud? I have never seen. While I don't use many apps (4-5) I have never run into a compatibility issue that I can recall. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Regardless, w/ Cloud instances changing very frequently I don't see that it would matter. You would be compatible one minute and not the next. This is one of the requirements and challenges of Cloud. Successful vendors must constantly be testing for compatibility.
You don't need to think about that on Cloud. Cloud is upgraded and plugins need to follow it.
You may find a plugin stops working for a while because something structural has changed and the vendor has ignored the upcoming changes information they've been given and not upgraded it. But this is unlikely as the APIs vendors rely on tend to change slowly, with plenty of notice, and most importantly, in a backwards compatible way. Functions get added, but rarely changed or removed.
For server, you do need to think about it. If you look at the downloads for the versions of any given plugin, you'll see they name the compatible server versions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.