When I click on Add Epic from inside an Issue a larger overflow pops up for a split second and then it defaults to View All Epic. If I click on View All Epic I get a modal w/ an empty select and no valid options. I am new to JIRA so I may be missing something but I poked around a while and couldn't find where else I might create a new Epic. Thoughts?
thank you!
Hi @Stefan Johnson
The "Add Epic" option on a Story is to add an existing parent to that issue - rather than creating one.
To create an Epic you can just press the create button (the "+" button on the left-hand navigation bar), selecting your project and the issue type Epic.
Or - you can go to your project, select "Roadmap" and on the left-hand side of the roadmap is an option to "Create Epic" directly on it.
Ste
Ahhh the Create button - that's a handy thing.
Thank you very much Stephen.
-1 points to me for not doing my homework... but +1 to you for helping me save some time and shorten my path to efficacy.
txs again
- S
Pro-tip, you can also press "c" to create an issue using keyboard shortcuts
You can see all keyboard shortcuts by pressing "?" on your keyboard - often this is Shift + ? on a standard keyboard.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.