I know you can add an epic on the backlog, but when creating the issue is there a way to assign the epic. In the old jira projects you could assign the epic at the same time as filling out the issue. Now seems like an extra step. Any help?
If you expose the Epic Link in the issue create screen you should be able to add the epic at that time. Is this not working?
No i don't see it. You are talking about under settings for the project where you can add fields to the issue types? I don't see it there or when I create an issue.
Thanks
Oh wait sorry....this is NG. Didn’t focus on the title. :-(
I don’t use NG much at all but don’t believe you can.
Hi @Michael Bender
Next-Gen projects work the same as classic for creation - if you press "+" to create the issue (from the left-hand navigation bar) and select a next-gen project, assignee should be a field on the issue layout.
If it's missing - ensure the field is on the screen for the issue type in next-gen. To check this:
Ste
Hi @Ste Wright ,
I can assign a person to the story through that process, i can't assign an epic. I have to log the story or issue then go back into it to assign to a parent epic. In classic i could assign the epic at the same time as i was creating the story. Just looking to see if there is a way to do that with Next-Gen.
Ahh - for assigning Epic Link during creation, this isn't possible at this stage - you can vote on that suggestion here: JSWCLOUD-18131
Your best bet for now is to create issues from the Epic instead - which will link them to it. To do that:
You can also use this "+" button to add existing stories to the Epic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.