Hello, I have Cloud version and I need to create a project for a contractor. I want for this group to only be able to see "Restricted Project". I followed the steps mentioned on another ticket:
* I Created a new group, "Contractor" and added the contractor users
* I Created a new blank permission scheme, "Restricted project"
* I granted the permission to "Contractor" group for almost everything
* I linked the new permission scheme to the "Restricted Protect"
* I granted the "Contractor" users "access on site" (so they can log in)
* I added the contractor users to the Project people and just in case added the group "Contractor"
* I gave the contractors a "developer" role (but I don't think it matters as we do not grant permissions to roles, we only do to groups)
--- So far so good. I logged in as one of the contractors users and tested the permission and indeed the contractor user could only see the "Contractor Project" and a few tasks I created on it.----
The problems begins with the creation of the Scrum Board:
* I created a Scrum board based on Restricted Project filter.
* When trying to "share the filter" I only had the following options for sharing it :
1- Project: I added the Contractor Project name
2- Groups: Here I did not have the option of the "Contractor Group" only: Public/All logged in users and jira-users (Note: contractor users are not part of jira-users as this is the default for access to all jira projects)
So again when logged in as the contractor user I can see the issues but I do not see the Board/backlog/active sprint
Do you have any idea what am I missing?
FYI - I did not grant any permission from the "Global permissions" to the contractor users. When I tried adding them, they could suddenly see my other projects.