How do I customize Labels in a global setting so the items I add will be available for different projects?
Another question I have is how to delete items that were added previously to Labels?
Hello Daphne,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
About your questions:
Once you create a new label by clicking in any issue, that label will be available to be selected for every single project in your JIRA Site, you just need to click in any issue and the autofill form will display it. Can you confirm if this is what you were asking for?
To both remove or edit an existing label from your JIRA site, this change must be performed to all issues. That being said, you just need to use the bulk operation method, as mentioned in this documentation:
1 - Navigate to your issue navigator page > Create a filter to return all the issues with the label you want to remove/Edit:
2 - Follow the instructions in the bulk operation documentation to remove/edit the label for all the issues.
Let me know if you have any questions.
I will try your suggestions and keep you posted.
The question I have is I can only put items in Labels within a Project, and the labels I have are tight to issue types. For example here I have "1" and "label" under Labels, I only see them under Issue type "Bug", nothing shows up for issue type "Story"
I want to know is there a global setting for Labels for me to add different labels and all of them will be available for all Projects all Issue types
You can ask your jira Administrator team to enable this field for all other screens. like screens used by Story and other issue types
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.