I want that ParentIssue (Story) will changed automatically, if the Subtask is changed.
How can I do this?
Hi @Hasan Atasoy
I don't understand your question.
If "what?" changes on a subtask, "what?" should change on the parent?
with automation you can do it in simple ways.
you can trigger the automation rule when the issue changes (whatever you want to control) and look for linked issues to interact with them
I mean the chage of Statues. For example if I have finish all Subtasks, so should Story finish automatically.
Or if i start a Subtask, so should change the Staus of Story from Open to "in Work".
automation is indeed the way to go but will require an addon, e.g. Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, etc.
Yes, I was referring to Automation for Jira addon.
@Hasan Atasoy if you have Automation for Jira I could give you the steps, have some solutions similar to what you need.
Yes I have, Jirra Automation.
You need three steps
Branch rule / related issues
This will work nice if the workflows in parents and subtasks are the same, otherwise, the thingcan be a little bit messy because you have to match every status in subtask with the corresponding status in parent.
Also, this works fine with only one subtask or in the case of transitioning from "open" to "in work" (the first subtask to go into work triggers the parent), but it will be more complicated for closing (is the last subtask the one that defines the parent is finished) but in this case jira has an option to close parent when all subtasks are done.
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.