I want to set up notifications to our agents in Jira Service Desk and I cannot do it. There is no option to update notification scheme.
Hello @PeteAllain
My name is Christophe Capel, I’m a Product Manager working on simplifying Jira Service Desk’s project configuration. Thanks for your clear feedback and choosing Jira Service Desk.
As @Emma Young mentioned it is possible in Classic to change the notification scheme but not yet in next-gen. We have a workaround using automation for now.
Notifications are on the next-gen roadmap.You can also watch/vote for it here to know when it ships. We've started working/designing it, would you like us / our designer to contact you to get some feedback on the new experience?
I’d also love to hear how your experience with next-gen is going as well as how you plan on using this capability within your organization.
Cheers
Christophe
Hi Pete,
You need to be a jira-admin to modify notifications. They will be in the project settings.
Hope that helps
SUsan
Hi Susan,
thanks for the feedback, I am a jira-admin. However, it only gives me the option to modify the customer notifications.
Settings - just below Issue Security
Thanks! I do not have these options. is it possible i do not have the right permission? if not, what permissions do i need.
Thanks!
It looks like your project is a next-gen project which is why the settings you are seeing are different to what Susan is seeing. Next-gen service desks don't yet offer notifications schemes as a feature, but in the meantime you can use automation rules to achieve what you are trying to do. Check out this community post and let me know if that helps.
ThanksEmma
Thank you Emma, I don't have much experience with NextGen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.