I have restricted a user right to browse my project and only able to view ticket which is assign to him. Would like to know possible for me @ the user and let him able to view the issue. As what permission I need to modify to achieve this.
Hi @Steve Ong
In case you want to apply permissions per issue then you need to use Issue Level Security. Here is the documentation.
Ravi
In addition to @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_'s answer, you'll need to use third part app.
You also have to create a "multiple user picker" custom field. Add this CF to the security level.
When users are mentioned (@) in comments you have to add them to the new CF. Security level will do the rest.
How to check if a user is mentioned in new comments? Here is where third part app must be used. I've done something similar using "Automation for Jira" and I'm certainly sure you can get what you want with this add-on. Also I'm sure you can get it using "Scriptrunner".
There's no option to do what you are asking for using Jira's native configurations.
Hope it helps!
@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ yup this work well as what I am looking for.
@Leirbag Assuab thank for the suggestion, I achieve what I want to with Issue Level security as restricted the user access which we want them to. But thanks for the advise
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.