I am really struggling to find a solution where I want to 'send' tickets to Jira Software. We have both Jira Software and Jira Support desk. Cloud versions.
All I want to be able to do is when a user sends a ticket, triage it, if its a dev requirement be able to include that ticket in the dev requirement and get the updates, and know when the dev has been completed so that we can alert the client.
- I have tried moving it, then you lose the link of the original ticket and you don't get updates.
- I have tried creating linked issues which sets up a new ticket in software and although it updates the ticket, it doesn't show anything in the main queue that the ticket has been updated.
- I have added the automation app but I cant seem to find an appropriate trigger in order to clone the ticket in Software. I'm not even sure that even if I got this set up the trigger will work.
Maybe I need to change the way I am thinking about this, but does anyone have a solution for me?