I would like to understand how i can add a story status so it shows in the backlog view - it would be useful to get this overall at a glance view , so the stories that are not in a sprint. Thanks
Hello @Victoria Butterfield
I am not quite sure what you mean with "story status". But from the last part of the question "so the stories that are not in a sprint" I translate to that you want to see all stories in the backlog that is currently not in a sprint. This can be easily done by a quick filter.
I'm sorry if I didn't understand your question, please comment this post if you need additional help.
Hi @Alexander Ling I think I have similar question which maybe translates Victoria's question better.
I made a workflow, comprised of 4 statuses (Open, In-progress, In-Review, Done), how can I see the 4 statuses in the 'Active Sprints' menu?
Now I only see 3 group tasks in 'Active Sprint' menu (Open, In-progress, Done). Isn't that the group task should be in line with what I've defined in the status workflow? so it should be 4 group tasks instead of 3?
Ok, let's accept that I only can group the statuses into 3 group tasks, namely "Open, In-progress, Done". I grouped the 'in-progress' and 'In-Review' statuses to 'In-progress' sprint group task already. but then my problems are:
1. I didn't see all the issues in the 'To-do' group task active sprint. I want to list all 'Open' issues in 'To-do'.
2. The workflows transition buttons work, so it's great, but when I move from 'in-progress' status to 'review' which is still in the same group task 'In-progress', It disappear in my Active sprints menu, it was in 'In-progress' before. I'd expect it's still in 'In-progress' group task because I grouped it already.
3. Similar things happens when I move from one status to another, the issue disappears from active sprint board.
How can I set up those?
PS. Bolds are to indicate that it's in the context of Active Sprints menu.
Hello @akhyarsadad !
It looks like you have set it up correctly except for one thing. From my perspective it sounds like you need to go to your board settings and map the correct statuses to the board columns. If you are not sure how to do it, follow this link.
I hope that this answer solves your issue!
Best regards,
Alexander
still can't get it it work, here the screenshots, it is said that in the column more issues are there but it doesn't appear in the active sprint.
another question, why Jira kind of forcing us to use Scrum, Kanban or typical software dev? why there is no option to choose my newly created workflow so everything is set up based on the workflow that I have created?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.