I need to query a next gen project by Epic/parent and pull all issue types including sub-tasks related to the epic into a single query so I can calculate velocity.
I think I got it:
parent=RM-130 OR subtaskOfQuery="parent=RM-130"
I can take this query, export it out and manually calculate velocity. Not great, but, hey, it'll work until nextgen reports can handle subtasks.
Well you could simply use project = myproject which will return all issues. You can tweak from there.
Hi Jack. Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I should've clarified: I meant I need to pull the subtasks and issues by Epic/parent. Since epics are treated differently in nextgen projects, my same ol' queries for normal projects don't seem to be working. For example, using the JQL subQueries plugin, here's a query I'm trying to run:
project="RM" AND parent=RM-130 OR parentOfQuery="\"parent\"=RM-130"
I do get all of the stories and tasks, but no subtasks are returned.
I can't get this to work.
I don't know jql well at all, I am using Next gen on the cloud. but when i use
Field 'subtaskOfQuery' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.
permission should not be a problem.
I guess my question is, does this still work for you, and can you provide any more details on how you got it to work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.