Is there a recycle bin for jira cloud? What is someone deletes a project or a task/story/epic?
unfortunately not. Delete is forever. The only recovery is if you are doing backups and you restore from backup but chances are you will lose changes w/ restore if any time has lapsed.
The best course of action is to not give anyone "delete" permissions.
When you delete it is GONE. Hardly a week goes by without someone wanting to restore an issue. Deleting issues will come back and bite you when it is the most inconvenient. I suggest closing with a resolution value of Deleted anything you want to delete. I implement a special transition only the project lead can execute and it requires filling in a reason field from a select list (such as entered in error, OBE, Duplicate, Other) and explanation text.
Deleting issues destroys historical data. Missing issue numbers will eventually cause a question about what it was and why was it deleted even if it was done properly. Missing data always brings in the question of people hiding something that may have looked bad.
The only viable way to restore an issue is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history.
How do we remove this permission?
Sorry meant to write my reply here - how do we remove these permissions?
The permission scheme. Remove the Delete Issue permission from EVERYONE
project settings > permissions there is a "Delete Issues" entry. make sure that only admins have this capability.
This is a failing of Jira treating all "issue" types as the same from a deletion perspective. A subtask vs a story vs an epic. I literally don't care if subtasks come and go in and out of existence. I use them truly as light weight, singular engineering tasks that may or may not actually be needed. So I want to delete them regularly.
To restore a project:
Please note that the above is only applicable for Cloud Premium. This feature was just introduced very recently along w/ the Premium platform. Standard does not support project archiving, trash/restore.
I was able to find it, in the free version. Thanks!
Not great, I hardly know any applications which don't have a Recycle bin even if the storage there is timed for a short period only. This should be a standard functionality.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.