I'm trying to use a JQL Query Filter to display subtasks for specific users in my Scrum Board. For tasks I want to look at the 'Assignee' field but for stories, I want to refer to the 'QA' field (which is a custom field). So, I'm creating a query like:
project = DEV AND ((type = Story AND QA = user1) OR (type in (Defect, Development, QA, Sub-task) AND assignee = user1)).
I save the query and I see some results but they don't look right so I try to go back to the query filter and see the query. I see that it has been changed to:
project = DEV AND (type = Story AND QA = user1 OR type in (Defect, Development, QA, Sub-task) AND assignee = user1)
You will notice that JIRA has removed one pair of outer brackets. So, a query like ((A AND
OR (C AND D)) is being changed to A AND B OR C AND D. I'll have to write out the truth table to confirm but I believe that these two queries will not produce the same results. Can somebody from Atlassian please review this and respond?