I need to be able to control it.
Format of X.Y.Z
I want to be able to increase the either X or Y numbering when I choose to.
I dont care if confluence will auto increment the Z number.
is it possible ? thanks
Thank you
Ilan
There is no way to do this in Confluence, it's a wiki, not a document storage solution, and as such, the product owners don't see it as needing any clever versioning schemes.
Hi,
About having control over the versioning numbers, I thought you might want to have a look at this marketplace app for Confluence :
Scroll versions
It might help, even though it is focused on versioning pages and not necessarily (?) attachments.
yes, saw this statement before. pity. I dont see benefit here from writing & using it as wiki
specifically when i already have lots of R&D docs already written in MS word
too bad, I liked the idea to have my code & docs connected & being able to extract & emphasis specific parts in the docs. I would guess that there is a business prospect here
pity that they dont see it as i am
anyway thanks Nic
Hi ar_nx
yes, know this. it is uncomplete & break the law of "not to allow duplicate counting"
& even if i ignore that, less useful if i dont have the ability to work in a natural way with
external docs. but that related to another question I had.
thank you ar_nx
You're welcome.
@ilan_sweetch_com
You might want to check out our other app, Scroll Documents. It might provide the functionality you need. We've been working on a lot of new features to make it easier to work with documents in a compliance-heavy environment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.