I'm trying to filter by assignees, but I keep getting an error message, 'The Jira server was contacted by returned an error response'. This pops up as soon as I start typing.
MAybe this could help?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/getting-the-jira-server-was-contacted-but-has-returned-an-error-response-we-are-unsure-of-the-result-of-this-operation-when-trying-to-drop-down-label-field-867036944.html
or this one
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/picking-a-user-for-the-reporter-or-assignee-field-fails-with-error-after-jira-server-upgrade-590260147.html
Thanks for the response.
The second article suggested checking to make sure every user has an email address stored in the system. I have done this.
The first article suggested searching for issues with null types. It doesn't explain how to do this. Can you please add some more detail?
thanks,
Stephen
If you have access to the database, the article has the SQL to get those issues that may have issuetype as null.
select ji.id,ji.project,p.pkey,ji.issuenum,ji.issuetype from jiraissue ji join project p on ji.project=p.id where issuetype is null;
without access to the database I honestly can't figure out how to do it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.