i have been using jira prem for a few months and we purchased jira cloud and started using it.
Now we are ready to migrate the the prem data to production.
Kindly share guidelines so we dont loose data. we have data on prem and in the cloud
Not an expert on migrations, but it appears you cannot migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud without overwriting existing data on your Jira Cloud instance.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-972349848.html
However, you can probably migrate all your Jira Cloud instance data to your Jira Server first and then everything back to your Jira Cloud instance.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html
Is this a simple "move Server to Cloud" or are you trying to merge from Server on to Cloud?
Merge server to cloud as I have data on cloud that I do not want to loose
I have data on both instances that I do not want to loose. So I will say merge to cloud. As we want to only use the cloud instance going forward
Ok, merging is complicated. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html to get started.
Thank you
I have been able to run all back ups, but when I try to import it fails with " There was an error importing file. Please try again or choose a different file
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.