I read where the 'question mark' in a JQL statement is intended to match a single character. I also read where fuzzy matches are supposed to match the whole supplied phrase/word .
In Jira Cloud.. this JQL returns WAY more records than it should, despite there being no record that looks anything like it (as a whole).
Summary ~ "20??purplemonkeydishwasher"
True.. we do have records that have the numbers '20' in their summary... but unless someone snuck in 'purplemonkeydishwasher' into 8,000+ Summary fields.. the returned results seem a bit 'ambitious'.
I'm really just trying to match Summaries with a Year value in them (example "[2018]" and "[2019]" (with the square braces). I was hoping to avoid typing out the whole year (by using the "??") .. so i wouldn't have to come back every year and add another value to the JQL statement.
Anyone else experience this behavior, or am i just completely off-base with my assumptions on how this JQL should work?