I have a Kanban board under the Classic Project and I want to have all Epic Names showing up as either drop down options under the Filters on the board. So that I can click on each epic and only the stories, tasks and subtasks will show up on the kanban board under the epic that I've clicked on the filter.
Right now, all epics, stories and issues are showing under the board.
I want the Epic Name (circled in grey) to be able to be filtered by Epic so that all the issues under To Do, In Progress etc are showing from that particular epic name.
I don't want the Epics showing within the Kanban Board mixed in with issues and stories.
I want the Epics to be treated like a high level umbrella and only the stories, tasks and subtasks are the ones that shows up in the columns on the Kanban board. Epics are the filters in a drop down menu at the very top amongst the filters.
Is there a way to set it up?
I originally tried to do that under Board Settings > Quick Filters but I can't seem to get the JQL query to show how I wanted the Epic Names to show up as selectable filters at the top. Maybe it's my JQL query that I need to get right in order for the Epic Name filters to show how I wanted it to show. But I don't know how to write that query. I'm on Jira Cloud by the way.
If anyone can help, would really appreciate it.
thanks
Michiko

