I'm experiencing an issue saving filters for my boards. After I make the update and select search, I am able to click save and the system yields a validation message, but the filter still indicates "edited" and the query is not saved.
I checked the response, which yields a 400 with {"errorMessages":["jqlTooComplex"],"errors":{}}
It does not seem to be a complex query:
project = TAX AND (issuetype not in ("Test Set", Precondition, "Sub Test Execution", Test, "Test Execution", "Test Plan", "Code Review Task") OR (issuetype = "Code Review Task" AND status not in ("Completed - Pass", "Completed - Refactor Required", Removed))) ORDER BY Rank ASC

I don't trust order of operations on queries like this and so may have redundant parens -- if there is a different way to write this, then I would appreciate the feedback.
Also, I will figure out where to submit the bug for the false positive on save...