Hello Adaptavist and Community -
I have a Cloud Service Desk project and 2 Cloud Core Projects, that looks like; A-> B -> C where A is the SD project, B is a core project and C is another core project. I have a post-function in A that creates a new issue into a desired project (user selects from a dropdown [B]) when the internal team responsible for the fix is identified. If the [B] project determines this issue should be routed to a different team, a transition is available to "move" the issue to project [C]. As [B] is moved through statusCategories, [A] similarly transitions and properly informs the customer.
The purpose of this is to allow a development team to function in their current workflow while addressing customer [internal stakeholder team] needs. We're using SD for the portal and SLA capabilities.
From the portal, a customer can make a comment and that comment shows on the issue view - that's the inherent function of SD [A]. However, through a specific link type "Cloners", I'd like any comment added to the portal to show up [B]. And through that same link type, comments to show up on [C].
My question, is it possible via Cloud products to create an event listener that posts a new comment through a specific link type, and persists the comments through that link relationship? I'd like when a comment is placed on portal [A], it would show up on [C] through the indirect relationship [linked via B].
I'm aware of the copy comments via post-function [JMWE Extension]; we have that implemented. But once an issue hits a given status "In Progress" and remains there, I'm struggling to figure out how to get comments to populate on linked issues. I've located where to find comments in a json blob and have run it through script console to show I can pull a given comment when I know what it is, but I'm struggling to identify how to script "grab me any new comment and post it on a linked issue of x type".
Sorry long post but description is necessary - thank you ahead.