As a release manager I have to create release notes for the releases that are happening in my application. I have a field that defines a string value of release version(equals to version name created in the releases).
Also I have several JIRA queries on that page that represents what was fixed, what's new and a complete list of the tickets.
The pain of the issue is that along with defining release version in these release notes I have to navigate into EACH JIRA query and update each fixVersion in query like:
Project = project AND fixVersion = fixVersion
(and hit this annoying search button to update the display, unless chages are not applied).
Is there any way to make this functionality a standard solution for Confluence? -> using a value from the page as a variable value in the query on the same page.
P.S. earliestUnreleasedVersion() is not an option for solving this as release notes should stay consistent during all the time they are referenced. When earliestUnreleasedVersion() is used and the code is released into some intermediate environment, a new sprint starts and I have to close current sprint and hit "Release" button and create a next version of release notes. When OPS guy is creating a playbook for releasing into production environment, he sees release notes for previous sprint corrupted since earliestUnreleasedVersion() already refers next sprint version.