I followed the documentation "Integrating Jira Software Cloud with on-premises tools" and was able to set a deployment on Jira issues.
I see the API allows me to get deployments by keys or properties. It would be very useful to get the deployments associated to a Jira issue by API.
I found that you can get that information using the issue property API and by getting the property called "asap:micros-group/jswdd*deployments". However, this is not documented and thus can probably change in the future. Also, this forces me to use a different set of credentials because the OAuth 2.0 credentials do not work with that API.
As a workaround, I was thinking about setting a property called "IssueId" on all deployments I submit to the API. This would force me to create several deployments objects for the same actual deployment. That is not the way the API is meant to be used.
Another workaround (which I'll probably end up doing) is to keep a mapping in my system.
My questions are:
- What is the recommended way to get deployments for a Jira issue?
- Is it safe to use the property "asap:micros-group/jswdd*deployments"? Will that get renamed or deleted at some point?
- Can I use OAuth 2.0 credentials to get that info?