I would like for the manager of one board to be able to create a task in their backlog, and immediately have it visible there (and in no other backlog), with minimal extra work for them.
I have 4 different boards (with their own unique statuses) in the same project, representing 4 departments/stages in our SDLC (that is, epics from one board/dept flow into the next). However, each backlog has a manager who is creating tasks there, for that board (many times, breaking down the epic for the dept).
Since creating an issue can only give it one status, and I cannot create triggers on that “transition”, my workaround has been to have a required field on creation that says “dept” and then use a JQL filter to only show issues on any dept board that they pertain to. However, this is a time consuming issue creation method for them.
Is there a way to automate this process at all? (Assume I cannot create this in multiple projects, and cannot use different issue types)