I have an Human Resource project with custom issue types ("New Hire" and "Termination"). I would like to add a default linked page whenever those issue types are used in a project. How would I go about doing this?
Hi Michael - If I understand you correctly, you would like to create a new issue (issue when a new issue is created for New Hire or Termination (issue A). And then have the two issues linked, I assume in the Linked Issues field. Does that sound correct?
Yes, that is possible with a Marketplace App but not native Jira. We use Automation for Jira to do that same scenario.
Or do you want to add a link on the issue to a documentation page? Ie, When you create a new hire, the issue itself has a link to the confluence (or other) article on how to do a new hire?
There is a custom field of type URL that you can use, or you can just use a 1 line text field. In the create transition, you can set the value for that field. (many other ways to do this as well)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.