What is the best way to manage cross-project epics?
Hi @Jorge Sanz ,
I suggest using a combined "Scrum of Scrum" board. Here is an article about it:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Managing-Multiple-Projects-in-a-Single-Board-or-One-Scrum-to/ba-p/1035297
This works for any board type, not just Scrum.
-Scott
That's what I am doing right now.
However, imagine there is an epic with tickets that are in 2 different projects. I would like to the epic in the 2 different projects.
Question: how can I show in the project the epics that have issues created in that project?
Or more global question: what is the right setup to manage multiple cross-functional squads on Jira while having a global picture?
Thank you! :-)
If I am understanding correctly, it sounds like you are looking for a program level view; you have a number of projects that share dependencies but are separate development efforts. Using epics to cross projects is a good way to handle the dependencies in Jira, but to get a more global view you'll need to add a program level app like Portfolio, Big Picture, or Structure.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.