Hi there,
We create many projects via Shared Configuration (great feature) and, like other users, we wish there was also the option to apply the same users & roles setup. e.g. for projects of a certain Category, not only do they have the same schemes (workflow, screens, permissions etc) but they all have the same Product Owner and Delivery Manager, and the Permission and Notifications scheme is configured in a specific way for those roles.
Having created our new project with all the right schemes in a matter of seconds, it's a shame we have to go and add the users and roles manually afterwards. HArdly a massive deal but we're so close to having it all done for us!
I notice from this 2017 post response by a Jira community leader that adding Users & Roles to the shared config functionality would be added as a future improvement - has anything happened on this?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Set-default-quot-Users-and-roles-quot-for-new-project/qaq-p/600094
(Note: Wasn't sure where to look for myself, I couldn't find a Jira Software backlog board though I'm sure it exists?!)