My work items have a status of 'Done' but still have a resolution of unresolved. Where do you change this?
Hi Stefanie and Welcome,
You need to modify the workflow behind this issue type, you have two options here:
1.- Add a transition screen (or edit the existing one if any) and add the Resolution System Field to it
By doing this, users should select a resolution value before to change the issue to the Done status
2.- Configure a postfuncion (Update Issue Field) to automatically set the Resolution value to done when the issue reaches the Done status.
See the bottom of this page for further details.
Does it solve your problem?Regards
interesting. I am using the cloud version. What are the benefits of option 1?
Proposal #1 Let you to select different resolution depending on the scenario.
e,g.:You can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as DoneYou can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as DuplicateYou can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as Not ReproducibleThen you can create some reports or dashboards to split your Done/Finished issues and deeper see how the team flows.Regards
got it - thanks!
@Jack Nolddor [Sweet Bananas] Sorry - spoke too soon. I took a look at the OOTB workflow and it appears to be setup correctly. What am I missing?
Could you confirm that this is the workflow your issue is using and if it is a draft or is already published?You configuration seems OK to me.
Regards
@Jack Nolddor [Sweet Bananas] when I view the original workflow that is what I see. I will edit, click publish and see what happens. will this update existing jiras?
By publishing your workflow, you will change (if it was a draft) the behaviour of existing issues when transition from one status to another.
Any data ( I mean, data stored on fields) won't be modified. Note that unresolved issues will still unresolved after that but new issues will get automatically resolved after transition to the Done status, supposing all works correctly.For old unresolved issues, I suggest you to bulk transition to the Done status again, after checking that this transition automatically resolves the issue.Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.