Does anyone have a solution for the following situation?
We are using an internal 'Icebox' backlog for customer and employee product feature requests that the product owners review to determine items that should be prioritized and moved into their actual backlogs.
We have created a custom mutli-select field where every customer is listed. When a request comes in from a customer, we mark that customer in the custom field. If more than one customer is requesting the same feature, we mark them both off in that custom field (since it's multi-select) or merge issues together that could be combined and make sure that each customer is checked off in that custom field.
Anyway, we want to be able to sort based on the count of items checked off in that custom field. Based on what I've read so far, Jira cannot do this.
I'd like to be able to make this happen without having to manually update another field every time we mark off another customer (which seems like an easy-to-implement-but-pain-in-the-butt workaround.)
We do have JiraAutomation, but I'm not sure if it would be able to recognize the custom field item count increasing and automatically update a numerical custom field based on that.
I figured I'd put this question out to the community in case anyone else has solved it, or has an idea 