We are using Jira cloud and we would like to have a description field filled by default. I did some researches and i found this solution that seems ok but i don't think that i can have a different value based on the issue type (story vs bug). Any ideas on how i can get it working? we could also evaluate the usage of a plug-in if needed.
I have not done this but you should certainly be able to have different workflows for each issuetype where you want a canned description then using a post function update the field. Have you tried this and fell short somewhere along the way?
Hi, @Matteo Durini
I think you could do this preety easily with Behaviours.
With that workaround of the link you could create a second custom field with a different default value and have two different creation screens, one for story, other for bug, showing in each case the right customfield
Thank you both!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.