I copied the page I want and tried to fill in the destination space but none of the options in the dropdown menu correspond to the space. Move doesn't work either. What's the trick for copying a page to another place in Confluence?
Hello Christine,
Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.
Can you confirm that you have write permissions in the Space you need to move the page into? Would you be able to show me the current permissions for that space? Feel free to censor out any identifying information.
Regards,
Shannon
Hi @christine briggs ,
Are you saying, you are not able to find the space you are looking for while copying a page? I am sure you must have typed in the space name correctly. But, can you check if the space you want to move the page to is available in the space directory? Because, you should be able to see the auto-suggestions of spaces from the instance, the moment you start typing in the space name while copying the page in the Copy page pop-up.
Also, while you are editing the copy of a page, before saving/publishing, you this page tree sorta option, next to page hierarchy, which when clicked allows you to search for spaces/pages and copy accordingly.
Hope this helps!
Thanks
Sireesha
I see the tree icon on some pages now but not others. Laso, I entered the page abbreviation after the / in the url and that worked - but only for pags where Isee the tree icon. So is this a matter of having move and copy permissions?
How do I find out?
Christine,
You'll want to speak to your Confluence global administrator or an administrator of the space that you're trying to move the page into. They can check the permissions for you.
If you're not sure who that might be, the Cloud Support Team can help you out.
I think it could indeed be that. When you are able to confirm with the support team, could you let us know the results of that?
I've been given full access and ability to add & delete pages. Thanks for your help solving this.
Chris
Dear @Shannon S
I have the same problem but with correct permissions (as far as I know). Could you please have a look?
Thanks in advance:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Impossible-to-copy-and-move-a-page-to-another-space/qaq-p/1481543#M188771
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.