How can I replace text in a confluence page? The tutorial refers to the blue toolbar at the top with the search button, but there is no such toolbar anymore?
Hey, thanks for becoming part of our community, @Igor Popov !
Now, let me try to address your question. You said that that the “search and replace” function is not available for you when using the new editor.
This is correct. In our new editing experience, the find function was removed since it is provided by all browsers that are compatible with Confluence.
The good news is that its return is planned on our Roadmap document. Here, take a look:
[Confluence Cloud] [Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap]
This feature request is also reported here:
[Confluence Cloud] [CONFCLOUD-66370] [Replace, from Find & Replace function, in the new editor]
I encourage you to go into that report to vote and watch it. Voting helps increasing the report visibility and watching will keep you up to date with everything there! Let our teams know how important this is for your environment.
To try and address your question “Why my user interface is different?”, I can show you the following:
[Atlassian Community] [Try out the new editing experience] [Confluence Cloud] [Confluence Editing Improvements]
Your interface is different due to the fact that you are running the new Confluence editing experience, the Fabric Editor.
Let us hear your thoughts Igor! Looking forward to your reply.
Hi @Igor Popov ,
You can find/replace in the upper right corner of the page.
I don't have this button in my confluence cloud, please see my screenshot
http://tinyurl.com/y33qmz8l
@Ollie Guan Why my user interface is different?
Have you tried using "ctrl + f"?
yep, first thing
@Igor Popov , okay. Because if the ctrl + f is not working, you can try by doing that in the source code of your confluence page. If you can see an "<>" icon in your page, click it and then you can do the find and replace.
Are you using Confluence Server?? or cloud?
Hi @Diego
Thank you for solving the mystery. Chrome doesn't have "search and replace" function by default which means I have to install a third-party extension to compensate for the removed functionality.
How can I switch to the old editor as I am not happy to use an inferior interface compare to others? This also makes it very confusing when I try to follow how-to guides...
@Diego Find + Replace is an important tool. Can we please add it to the new editor?
agreed.
I cannot find this functionality on Confluence Cloud as well. Is it still on Roadmap? I want to edit multiple spaces and replace specific words with other words.
It seems to work when editing a single page. Try ctrl + hNot very intuitive, but it worked for me!
In the newer editor, it seems like you can find and replace on a single page using ctrl + h.Hope this helps!
Thank you, Phil!
Unfortunately, Ctrl + H opens my browser history. I need to do a replacement on multiple pages. On a single page, it's pretty straightforward with the default browser search.
Press Ctrl-f and then this "Find&Replace" box will appear
For Mac users:"command" + "f" while in editing mode will surface the function to search & replace text.
Thank you, @Jeffrey Gamba! That worked!
If you have ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud you can find and replace text across your entire space with one click.
There's a script you can copy and paste into the Script Console and run. It is available here: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/find-and-replace-text-across-space
If you want to try ScriptRunner we offer a 30 day free trial in the Marketplace.
We needed to make bulk changes across our cloud docs space, example when Atlassian changed now something is named or works so we created Find and Replace by Easy Apps.
Anyone can use it, pretty simple, no need to understand CQL, which I don't personally know.
We ended up rebuilding it so it works for huge spaces. Turns out some cloud spaces are enormous, like an old server one (might have migrated).
FYI, ctrl + h brings up "Chrome history" in chrome.
Find and Replace is also part Space Content Manager (label manager...). A suite of tools in one app.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.