Here's an example of what I want to do. I have a task "Recipe" with a subtask "Start". I want to clone the task "Recipe" to a new task "QuickRecipe". I'd like to have the new subtask that is cloned renamed to "QuickRecipe Start" but I don't know how I should setup "jira.clone.prefix" to accomplish this (or if it is possible)? Thanks!
Hi @Omar Mussa,
At present when you clone a task and a sub-task, they cloned task and sub-task both have the same text prefixed to their Summary. So in your example above, if you change "jira.clone.prefix" to "quick", the result would be a task of Quick Recipe and a sub-task of Quick Start. It's worth noting that the "jira.clone.prefix" will apply to all issues in your instance, so all cloned issues will be prefixed with whatever you set here.
Thanks,
Warren
I must not have been clear - we want to change the prefix every time we create a new cloned task so it is not practical for us to change the jira.clone.prefix each time. Can we embed a variable into the jira.clone.prefix that would be the equivalent to the new parent task name? If so, what would the variable be? I can't figure this out from the documentation.
This isn't doable straight out of the box, you'd need to consider doing some development to set this up. I'm also not aware of any plugins on the market that make this possible.
Cheers,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.