Hello, any suggestions on how to to add Epic Labels to the existing and newly added Child stories?
Thank you
Thank you. This is no what I was asking. I was looking for the way to auto add labels from the Epic to child stories.
Unfortunately, out of the box Jira can not do it. You can try to use the plugin Automation for Jira
And create a Manual trigger for creating an issue with the field, what you need copy form another issue. Also, you can write a script for this, with Power Script or ScriptRunner plugins, but I don’t know how this script will look, and, I think it is hard solution for small issue)
This topic is old, but I had this same question just now and eventually figured it out so I am adding this here in case it helps anyone else.
You can do this using Jira Automation. Like this:
When: issue is created > Then: Edit issue fields: Labels: Copy Labels from Parent issue
this isnt working for me...its still not taking the label deom parent epic to its child issues ....can anybody help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.