I have created a basic custom field (A label) which is empty by default.
When assigned a ticket on the old view, I would have to go into the edit screen first to give the field a value before it will appear on the main ticket. Which is a pain but I can understand why that is.
However in the new view, since my custom field does not have a value, it does not appear anywhere on the screen, same as the old view. The problem is that the new view does not have an edit screen. As a result I am unable to give this field a value unless I go back to the old view. Once I give it a value the field will appear just fine in the new view.
Is there a way to make this empty custom field appear in the new view? Or is the only solution to default the value to something so that it will always appear.